The Final Self Drive Iceland Itinerary In 7 Days
1. With many rental cars, you are not restricted from driving on F-Roads located at the top of the mountains. F-Roads are usually only accessible by 4WDs, as these are the most difficult roads.
2. In Iceland you drive on the right side of the road and the speed is 90km / h and 80km / h on shiny roads.
3. It is illegal to drive in Iceland where there are no known routes because the natural environment in Iceland is very difficult, especially the Icelandic moss which takes a long time to rebuild. Don’t be like Justin Bieber!
4. Buying gas in Iceland is expensive and in remote areas oil depots are often not maintained and only carry credit cards, make sure you have those who work. Instructions however are available in English.
5. You should always light your lamps, day and night, this is legal in Iceland.
6. Don’t just stand on the side of the road to spend the night. Camping is prohibited. People traveling to Iceland have to use the campground to park and sleep at night.