On account of Covid-19, Mardi Gras parades are canceled in New Orleans subsequent 12 months

“I want to make it clear. Mardi Gras 2021 has not been resolved. It looks different. The mayor has been adamant in saying this every time,” said Beau Tidwell, LaToya Cantrell’s executive director, at a press conference on Tuesday.

Mardi Gras, which will take place on February 16, 2021, is a religious holiday, so it cannot be ruled out, according to the city’s official website. However, Covid-19 cases continue to rise in the city, with new cases approaching, the city imposes further laws – in particular, banning demonstrations in order to prevent a mass media event.

“There is no way he is responsible for what we know about the epidemic so far,” Tidwell said.

“So while we want to go ahead and find ways we can celebrate, and we can do the ceremony, we have to do it safely. We have … ten million deaths in the last two weeks. Last week.”

While the city still allows visitors – with Bourbon Street and Frenchmen Street to remain open – the city still wants everyone to wear masks in public and to maintain their social status. “We urge you to reduce the amount of time in the city’s entertainment area and to get people to melt with a mask,” the mayor said. The mayor’s office is taking ideas from its residents on how to conduct the celebrations safely. Loss of shows means nonsense like The Roots of Music, which relies on financial shows, can fight back. Roads General Manager Suzanne Raether said the agency has lost about $ 60,000.

“While it may have a significant impact on our economy, The Roots of Music is in full harmony with our City’s vision to end the Mardi Gras show in 2021,” says Raether.

The issue comes as Covid-19 cases continue to spread across the country, with more people sleeping with patients every day. Many countries are introducing new antidepressants and other restrictions to protect against the virus, while some places also ban holidays.

Comments are closed.