10 Greatest Books to Learn About Eire
This year is a great year to learn the place you dream of. If you would like to list Ireland in your travel itinerary, here are some excellent books about where you are going to read in preparation for the next trip.
Many of these books look at one place, such as Dublin, or give a brief overview of the history or culture of the Emerald Isle. In any case, each of these books will help you to understand and appreciate the island before you go there.
1. The History of Ireland (1994) by Richard Killeen
2. 101 Things You Didn’t Know About Irish History: People, Land, Culture, and Culture of The Emerald Isle (2006) by Ryan Hackney, Amy Hackney Blackwell and Garland Kimmer
3. Ireland: Bright Beauty (2014) author Peter Harbison and Leslie Conron Carola
4. Angela’s Ashes (1996) author Frank McCourt
5. The Great Book of Ireland: Interesting Stories, Irish History, and Myths About Ireland (2019) by Bill O’Neill
6. McCarthy’s Bar: A Trip to Ireland (2003) by Pete McCarthy
7. Dublin: The Epic Novel (2005) by Edward Rutherfurd
8. I Did Not Know This About Ireland (2007) by Christopher Winn
9. Irish Secret Map (2010) by Rosita Boland
10. Ireland Traveler Stories: True Stories (2003) by James O’Reilly, Larry Habegger and Sean O’Reilly
For more information on the literature or the Irish, please visit CIETours.com.